4:36 p.m. - 2005-05-03
list of good and bad, leans one way
tuesday, may 3.
dream about a train last night. "train" dream interpretation from dreammoods.com: Train: To dream that you are on a train, is symbolic of your life's journey and suggests that you are on the right track in life and headed for the right direction. Alternatively, you have a tendency to worry needlessly over a situation that will prove to work out in the end.. .
So maybe I'm worrying about nothing.
Good news and bad news, bad news first:
• It's still freakin' cold.
• The May Vogue was really disappointing.
• uhm. . . actually that's all. upwards!
• I got a bonus at work! Funny thing: every time someone at works quits, I either get a bonus or a raise. it could be a coicidence. or not. I think my employer freaks out they're not treating everyone well enough and just dole out more money. Either way, bonus!
• Though I am spending most of my bonus in a respectable adult way, I also went to Benetton and kind of went nuts last night. Woohoo! Pink argyle sweater, grey pants, and white cardigan. I'm realizing, at the wizened old age of 24, that when I buy clothes from places like the Gap, they don't fit right after 2 washings, and I never wear them for more than 8 months. But, I have pants from Benetton that have stood the test of time. So maybe I'm finally figuring out quality vs. quantity.
• My wedding list is growing, and shrinking. Things are popping up, but things are getting crossed off too.
• to balance out the Vogue crappiness. I picked up the new domino magazine, which is the Home & Garden version of Lucky. It's really inspiring, the design is fresh, and so far seems like it has a lot of potential. Also auspicious is the fact that it came out right when I'm moving into my first "real" house, so I'm in a decorating mindset anyway.
• I might do something today that I haven't done in about a year: go to an actual record store and buy an actual, physical CD. Thanks to iTunes, I haven't done this in forever. I think it would be good though. Ryan Adams double disc out today! My love/hate relationship with Ryan Adams continues!
• a few other things I forgot to mention: this morning I saw a semi get stuck under the Metra overpass on North Ave. Dude, it was so sweet! I'm not sure why, but whenever i see trucks stuck there I think it's hilarious. I couldn't stop smiling for about an hour afterwards.
This list has made me happier. I should count my blessings more often.
previous - next